Respect for Our Veterans
- Pennsylvania has the 5th largest veteran population in the United States with over 1.2 million veterans living in the Commonwealth yet we have no mandatory set asides for veteran owned business
- As a veteran, I support increasing opportunities for veteran-owned small businesses to participate in Commonwealth agency contracts and subcontracts.
- I support the establishment of a certification process for veteran-owned small business enterprises (VBEs) and service disabled veteran-owned small business enterprises (SDVBEs) by the Department of General Services
- I support a 3% mandatory set aside for VBEs and SDVBEs in all of the Commonwealth agency contracts and subcontracts.
- I support the extension of in state tuition benefit at state universities to all veterans regardless of their current state of residency.