Jobs & Economy
- I support a business environment which recognizes that the small business owners and entrepreneurs are the job creators who form core of our state’s economic health.
- I support a tax structure that makes it less expensive to do business in the Commonwealth and makes Pennsylvania attractive to job creators.
- I support business regulation reform which protects our citizens but at the same time does not discourage entrepreneurs from pursuing new opportunities.
- I support the privatization of Pennsylvania’s Liquor Control Board and the auction of wholesale and/or retail licenses which will provide the Commonwealth with financial proceeds estimated to be between 1.1 and 1.6 billion dollars.
- I support the use of funds derived from liquor licenses for infrastructure improvements to support existing business and small business loan programs to create new jobs.
- I support Marcellus Shale Development to create new jobs and the formation of partnerships between Pennsylvania’s academic institutions and industry to develop the training needed for present and future job opportunities. The natural gas industry remains largely untapped in Pennsylvania but it has already created over 72,000 in other areas. Natural gas has generated over 1 billion dollars in gas related revenues. Read More
- I support entrepreneur focused initiatives like the Angel Investor Tax Credit which encourages out-of-state and in-state investors to invest their capital in Pennsylvania-based start-up businesses with a 25 percent tax credit.